Monday, March 16, 2015

A weekend of ups and downs. Woke up to find a fb msg. from my youngest. I didn't have my glasses on, so the only word that really popped out at me was accident. I flew upstairs for the glasses and was glad to read that he's OK, but his trusty vehicle may be a goner this time. Had to work Saturday and then Sunday J sent me a msg. asking if I wanted to take a stroll around the park. He's trying to rebuild stamina after having surgery and being in the bed for days. We never made it to the park, but we did eat lunch together and then took a short walk around the neighborhood. He helped trim my baby apple tree and watched while I opened the hive to install some artificial pollen mixed up last year. They still hadn't consumed all the candy and it was so sticky that some of the bees were mired in it. I tried to extract some of them and was thanked by being pursued by one very aggressive guard bee. She followed me out to the alley and got in my hair. Such an awful feeling, once they're in your hair, you know you're going to get stung. They just tunnel in until they get you. This one scored her revenge right on the back of my neck.  For a one day weekend it wasn't too bad, but I'm still looking forward to the day when my time is my own, only 381 days now.

No comments: