Thursday, June 4, 2015

I'm down to 300 days until retirement.

J and I had the most surreal conversation around the breakfast table. We both have a problem with leaving the house in the morning and so  both have the habit of setting the clock ahead in order to arrive at work on time. The problem is that he sets the clock 5 min. ahead and I usually opt for 15 min. on the downstairs clock and 30 min. on the upstairs clock. J looked at the clock on the stove and asked, "Is that real time?" Hilarity ensued while we tried to determine just who had set the clock and how far ahead it was. Our households aren't completely meshed, there's more bookshelves to be built in our future. We only have one table that's cleared of moving clutter and boxes and as for myself I'm thoroughly tired of cleaning and organizing storage space. We're going to bust out tonight for a musical performance by Carol Lockridge at the Phoenix

Only 300 more days and my time will be my own. I'm going to set all my clocks to the exactly correct time.

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

This made me chuckle. I have the time on the alarm clock on my side of the bed set 10 minutes fast and hubby's is the correct time. I set the clocks fast, he corrects them. :-)