Monday, August 14, 2017


I had the most interesting dream in color a few nights ago. J, I, Kyle, and his wife Elsipeth were riding in a speedboat on a beautiful river that was suspended in the air like a roller coaster. Kyle was steering the boat and we were zooming along at a terrific speed, the water splashing out and falling just like a log ride at an amusement park. Everyone was enjoying the ride and the scenery, then Kyle stopped the boat and everyone except me climbed out. I was sitting there alone blissing on the scenery and enjoying the beginnings of a beautiful golden sunset. Eventually I became curious about where everyone else went. When I climbed out of the boat, I discovered an opening that went down into a concrete bunker. The crawl space was narrow and twisty and finally came to a dead end. There was a hole above my head and I thought they must have all gone out through here. When I tried to climb out, the hole wasn't large enough for my shoulders to fit through. I retraced my steps to find the river empty. Everyone was gone along with the boat, not even a ripple left from its wake. The only thing was the river placidly flowing. I decided I needed to swim on by myself. I could see that the river went on forever, but I wasn't afraid. I just climbed into the river and began swimming. I did think about the fact that the sun was going down and I would need to find a way to climb down to the earth and find shelter for the night. Then I woke up. I had a strange feeling of peace and could still feel the river flowing and myself carried along in it. When I think about the dream I imagine that it was my psyche trying to heal itself, telling me to release my anger, my memories, and to just continue to flow in the river of life, alone. 

No comments: