Saturday, October 11, 2014

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/5-reasons-knitting-is-good-for-you-11363936725035

the repetitive actions of knitting will stop your adrenalin overheating, by activating the parasympathetic nervous system and dampening down the body’s "fight or flight" response.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm knitting like a mad fool right now. It's saving me from looking like Munsch's scream
 http://boringpla.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/batman-and-joker-edvard-munch-style.jpg


Yep, I knew I was taking a chance getting close with him again, and yes it hurts. He's made it known that he only wants to be "distant" friends, as if only speaking to each other once a week wasn't distant enough. I should have known better, should have stayed away, but I didn't. I got what I deserved, but I won't make that mistake again. I need to finally accept that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, and to just make the best of it.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

At least you have the knitting to keep you busy. Just knit something complicated enough your mind can't wander as you do it. Concentrate on the pattern.

Stoneman56 said...

DITTO!