Thursday, September 3, 2015

Break down city

OK, I think I have both my vehicles back in drivable condition. Replaced two batteries, had the bike towed after it broke down on the side of the road. The diagnosis was blown vacuum hose. I was pleased to have it back again until the reg. tank ran out of gas  at the 70 mi. mark instead of the usual 120. I drove it back to the shop and testily told them I was not was paying any more labor since I'd already paid them and it still wasn't working correctly. My sassy attitude earned my bike a leisurely 3 week shop endurance run, but it's finally back on the road now. There was a spark plug badly fouled and one of the spark plug wire housings was cracked. So, what's another $50 in parts if it means the bike is back on the road for the best of the late summer and early fall season.

My baby apple trees have developed some strange white mildew, so I'm researching organic methods of dealing with it. Growing a Greener World has some organic recipes to try.

The triple tree has put out a great number of apples, but they're badly bug bitten. I didn't get the organic pesticide mixed and applied before it bloomed this year. I don't know if it would be worth it to mix a batch and apply to the mulch around the tree this fall or not. I'll have to consult with my apple guru, Scott Krieg.  I'll never let that happen again, will be making sure the organic pesticide is applied before bloom time. Paring apples around the bug damage takes so much more time and it's gross. 


No comments: