Thursday, March 31, 2016

I Need a Vacation

I only have 47 days until my retirement date and I honestly don't know if I'll  make it. Tomorrow is the last day that I'm obligated to work, but I gave a date of May 17th in order to eliminate the gap  between pay and my first pension check. That was then and this is now, and now that decision seems tortuous. I have exactly three more weeks of programming and only 1 week even tentatively planned. It irritates me so much that the asst. mngr. puts in only 4 hours per day and then spends the rest of the day just hanging in the staff workroom on the computer or reading. He manspreads, laughs uproariously at his own jokes, and constantly casts a critical eye my way (M. E., believe you me,  the feeling is mutual!). He regularly requests help from other employees for the few paltry tasks that are his responsibility, even having some of his subordinates move tables around for his single program of the month. I move those same tables and chairs by myself twice a week and have for 30 years. Think of his position as similar to the vice president from House of Cards, the only importance is the title, because he accomplishes nothing of value.This was verified from his  own lips. A few years ago when a schedule change initiated by moi forced a change that was undesirable to him, he actually pouted and stomped through the workroom. Then while compiling his resume at work, he said, "It's going to be hard to get another job since I haven't done anything." Those were his actual words!

No comments: