Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I love being retired. I am having so much fun. Most of my time has been consumed by my new companion, Floki. but we've done some fun stuff. Kayaked Lake James and Jimmerson together, and yesterday I took him along on the group paddle on the Eel River. I'm rather conflicted about the Eel River. I've never seen a river with so many tires in it before. Why in the world do people do that? There's also a section that used to be a junkyard and they cleared the land by bulldozing cars to build a wall on the riverbank. There are cars there from the 30's. There are sections that have heavy agricultural waste smell, and a high voltage power line to pass under, the kind you can feel humming in your body; but it's also the only river that I've seen river otters in swimming right beside my kayak.

No comments: