Saturday, April 26, 2014

Oooooo I'm so excited.

I just booked vacation days someplace I've been wanting to visit for awhile. I've got lots to do to be prepared. Of course if I mention it to any of my friends, the next question is, "You're going by yourself?" You betcha! I am a brave bold woman, I go where I want, do what I want, make it happen. I am taking the car this time because I'm also taking my new kayak! Staying right on the edge of a really beautiful recreational water park. Now, all I have to do is watch the weather and be prepared to abort if the weather goes all crappy on me.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Hooray for booking a vacation!!

I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Fingers crossed for good weather.

Julie said...

Trobairitz,

A friend of mine talked me out of it. He said he never would go boating alone, and he's a trained scuba diver. I'm cancelling my reservations and revising my plans. I'm not saying I won't do this in the future, but I do need to have some instruction first. So, I'm getting together with a kayaker friend for a little practice closer to home before I take off solo. I admit the end of May would be pretty chilly for a capsize in northern MI the end of May.