Monday, February 9, 2015

It's been an emotional roller coaster over the last few days. I met up with Michelle who's going to help me with my city petition to legalize keeping chickens within city limits.

My friend Nick invited me to enjoy one of the two comp tickets he had for the Philharmonic. Most of his friends are married couples, so I guess that's one small advantage to being single. They performed compositions by Tchaikovsky and interspersed between the musical performance actors filled in historical background with  mini skits about Tchaikovsky's life. There was even a ballet performance. The Embassy Theater is such a gorgeous setting for the Philharmonic. Every time I've gone there for a performance I'm amazed anew at its beauty.

I attended the Seed Swap at Wunderkammer  Company and met up with some of my fb gardening friends. I made someone very happy with the bag of four o'clock seeds I brought to trade and successfully scored a trade of acorn for butternut squash. I also got to spend some time talking with one of my beekeeping friends and meet a couple more bee keepers.

Then this morning I had a very sobering email from J. He's facing some trouble, and not really asking for help. Quite honestly I can't understand why he contacted me again, he doesn't want any interaction, it seems more like a msg. in a bottle. I can't imagine he feels lonely, he has family nearby and scads of musician friends. I sent a reply to his email and all I've heard is .....crickets...I've made my overtures, they've been rejected. I really don't know what he wants, maybe just to know I still care. Yep.

Then I got a call from Chrish, my youngest. He'd been called in for a second interview and accepted the job offer. I'm so excited for him. The town is much smaller than Indy but close by so there will be lots to do on the weekends. I do worry about the 80 mi round trip commute each day until he can get an apartment close by, but as he said you have to do what you have to do. At least the worst of the snow and ice is over. I'm so happy that he's so quickly found gainful employment close to Indy where he wants to settle. Well done, well done!

No comments: