Saturday, January 2, 2016

The New Year hasn't had an auspicious start for me. I was so sick and had to use several vacation days to limp through the first week of 2016. J is a grump and all I see of him is the back of his head and all I hear is how dire the coming year will be. Who knows? He may be right, according to Baba Vanga (immediately brings to mind Baba Yaga), Barack Obama is the last US president. Her predictions are horrifyingly accurate, but I'm curious about the predictions she made that resulted in the 15% error rate. I always want to take a peek behind the curtain. I've started my retirement  knitting project. I comfort myself with  images of chillin' in my springtime garden with a book, something cool to drink, my knitting, wearing my stylish knitted cable-front tunic and just listening to the Golden Sisters buzz.   I'm using Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy yarn, and I love the cool drapiness of it. The pattern is for a thigh length tunic, but I hope to successfully modify the pattern into dress length. I bought extra yarn, and cross my fingers that I bought enough. Here's a pic of the progress to date. I have exactly 88 days to finish it.


We had our family Christmas early, and Sara really liked the socks I made for her. I think they turned out pretty well for a first time two color knitting attempt.
 

No comments: